Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Turning A Concept that gives you joy into a Business

An Entrepreneur is someone with the courage and passion to take a concept that gives them joy into a business, and is willing to do whatever it takes to achieve their desired outcomes.

A Concept that Gives you joy

In my case this wasn't why I became an entrepreneur. My husband and I owned a medical imaging company. If you remember from one of my past entries How I Became an Entrepreneur I mention my passions were to become wife/mother/and teacher. I didn't get involved in the business because I cared about the business, I did it because my rose colored glasses had just gotten a shot of windex sprayed on them, and I wasn't going to be caught with my pants down if something happened to Michael.

Director of Operations



Director of operations was my title. Yes, I loved the business, but I loved it for the wrong reasons.

  1. The business made my husband happy

  2. It provided our family with more income than we had ever made

  3. I could buy more things, go more places

  4. I felt a freedom I hadn't ever experienced in the past

My husband Michael on the other hand was living the dream. He had taken a concept that gave him joy and turned it into a profitable business.

No comments: